Wednesday 3 August 2011

She's on a roll

Look, I've been wanting to write this blog for four months. The first post took me all of four minutes. Clearly, all that was lacking was the application. As in: "Success is 1% inspiration and 99% application." Which is what my maths teacher used to tell me back in ... well, let's just say a looooong time ago. So. Now that I've started, I think the floodgates are pretty much wide open. You've been warned.

Okay, back to my favourite subject: My House. Isn't it just FABulous? I'm building a HOUSE! Now I want to stress here that my excitement's generated by just two things. Firstly, I'm in the minority. I mean, really, how many people do YOU know who've built their own house? Secondly, I'm just the excitable type! Yes! Really!

Sorry, that's far too many exclamation marks for one post. It's just that I'm, well, I think you know: excited. (Did you pick up on that?) This won't be the home I die in (at least, that's not my intention, but it does depend on how long the council take to approve my plans and how much the electricity department charges me) but it is my first attempt, it is the culmination of years and months and weeks and hours and minutes of dreaming and it is, essentially, the fruit of my labour. Not quite akin to the production of my three children but ... well, let's face it ... probably a lot more rewarding, at least for the first 18 years.

Did I say that out loud?

No comments:

Post a Comment