Wednesday 3 August 2011

Am I a house builder?

NOW I am! I woke up this morning, and realised that, just 14 years after first dreaming of building my own house, numerous years of cutting up magazines to fuel my mood board obsession, four months after first finding the first plot of land and putting in an offer, a day short of four months of boring everyone in sight - and several, thanks to the wondrous world of email and telephones, too far away to be in sight - with The Details, two days short of four months of gathering quotes, potential suppliers, treeloads of relevant magazines and books and an army of friends-of-friends, and a week after FINALLY (and see a later blog for details of THAT one) completing on the land purchase (breathe) we are now the proud owners of the smallest triangle of land known to mankind, a lovely set of drawings currently being analysed by the Milton Keynes Council and a rather sizeable mortgage.

And the realisation of a very, very old dream. Eek! Am I a house builder? Yes! I am!

No comments:

Post a Comment