Saturday 19 November 2011

Three days in ...

... and we have concrete (sorry, but it's the only way unless you're rolling in cash) footings, less of a mound of earth and one very happy pink-hard-hat-wearing blogger. We had many hiccups on days one and two, mostly revolving around really, really fascinating things like sewerage pipes and water supplies (I know! I can barely contain my excitement) but all, I think, sorted. My bank balance is not happy, but I can live without a kitchen. An esteemed commenter and a brilliant blogger in her own right passed me a nugget of wisdom yesterday that made me realise that a kitchen can consist of the following items: somewhere to stash tea and bread; a fridge to hold milk, marmalade and other spreads as well as cheese (protein); a knife and a spoon; a kettle and a toaster - imho one of these:



















Sorry ... a bit off the subject. The point is, I've spent a fortune on what goes into the ground but that's the important bit, right? An Alessi kettle would more than make up for the lack of kitchen or, indeed, paint, and with a splash of creativity we can still finish the house beautifully.

Now if only I could wave my magic wand over the large garage aperture and fill it with a timber, mechanised, insulated door that costs just £20. Well, a girl can dream, eh?

Here are some pics of the latest developments. Not as pretty as the kettles, I know, but I can't actually live inside a kettle. Pity.



No comments:

Post a Comment