Sunday 25 December 2011

Merry Christmas!



I've just been reading the absolutely gorgeous blog of the very talented and superlatively imaginative ric rac (http://ric-rac-uk.blogspot.com) and boy does the OPH one pale in comparison. Thanks, ric rac, for brightening up my day and giving me the pretty I need to get through the long, dark days of ickystickymud, coldretainingconcretewhichfreezestoes (tip: don't wear wellies on a building site in winter) and swathesofdirteverywhere.

Not that I'm complaining (much). To be honest, I couldn't be happier, considering I'm almost literally a pig in the mud at the moment: the weather's mild enough for us to be able to get on with the job with not one delay so far, and the progress has been brilliant thanks to a team of hardworking tradespeople and the best client in the world (aka my husband), who might be a slave driver but is as dedicated to the task - and skilled - as the professionals. Our suppliers have been incredibly helpful and accommodating of our budgetary restraints and finicky amends (lots of both) and my children have been admirably accommodating of my neglect of them over the past number of weeks. So thanks, everyone.

And thanks to my fabulous supporters. As always, keep up with the progress, feel free to write comments and offer advice (some creative ideas for space saving storage and colours would be great right now) and keep sending us good vibes. To date, the roof is more than half on, our wonderful brickie has built us a retaining wall and started on the lowest levels of outer leaf bricks, first fix electrics are in and plumbing started, and the most wonderful accidental find of a chippie has installed the fascias, bargeboards and soffits as well as all the internal noggins and door linings.

Next week we continue with the brickwork and plumbing so I'll post again then. Meanwhile enjoy your few days off. I know I will!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the praise and the link to my blog, that's really nice of you. I hope your New Year is less cold and muddy. x

    ReplyDelete