Friday 28 October 2011

With apologies to Ms Andrews

Handles and splashbacks and taps with spray hoses
Candles with scent to delight all our noses
Showers and kettles and colour that zings
These are a few of my favourite things
Windows of wood and a front door so stylish
Tiles, carpets, floorboards in textures delicious
Underfloor heating, the staircase's strings
These are a few of my favourite things

When the rain pours
And the snow falls
When they cause delays
I'll simply remember my favourite things
And re-organise
The days

Wardrobes that fit under eaves between trusses
Dormers and roof lights and blinds without fusses
Pricey but gorgeous, the slate worktop sings
These are a few of my favourite things

Friends who help out with a paintbrush or hammer
Tradespeople working sans problem or murmur
Guests coming over, we're celebrating
That surely is my most favourite thing!

No comments:

Post a Comment