Monday 9 July 2012

A month along

And we even have a few pictures up! I have to admit that the momentum has been lost. We keep using the excuse "there are more important jobs; the wall needs finishing, the patio built, the garden landscaped" but actually, despite this being true, the reason the pics aren't all up yet is sheer inertia. Both of us feel as though we're wading through treacle most of the time so we're managing a blind here, a couple of pics there. When I say "we" I mean, of course, me nagging and Greg doing the actual work. Although I do make the tea and hold the vacuum cleaner and pass him nails etc.

And still, when people ask whether we'd do it all again, the unqualified and ready answer is always a resounding "yes". I was told this morning that I'm a little mad. Can't understand why anyone would call me that. Wonder if it has anything to do with that resounding "yes", the fact that I'm way behind with my paperwork but have spent the better part of a week working on the Save Splashdown campaign and studiously ignoring the Spreadsheet of Boringness, and the 21 miles I ran yesterday morning en route to an end-August marathon?

Before then, though, I have to get the garden in shape, and have called on the most able services of a fabulous local gardener to help me. Check out http://www.beechgarden.com. Marc is highly recommended and I urge you and your friends to consider him this summer.

As soon as the weather offers something more summery, the housewarming's on. Till then, please pop in and have a coffee with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment