Sunday 3 June 2012

Moving in

It's here at last! We're moving into TNH. Luckily for us, we have a few days to complete the move, which means lots and lots and lots of trips back and forth carting stuff. We've hired a big van today to move bookcases and cupboards so we can fill them, and I've finished the wardrobe inners so I can start sorting out clothes and finish the kitchen and laundry today. Another big push tomorrow and - as soon as I've found the bed slats - we can sleep there.

It will be weird to say the least. But mostly just lovely. The kids are both excited and fed up with the scatterlings of possessions, although popping bubble wrap seems to amuse them for hours so that's something. What else is "something" is moving in the rain. I know it's not as disastrous as countrywide Jubilee celebrations being washed out, but it's still a PITA. As is erecting fence posts in the rain, and the fact that I have to postpone my long Sunday run. Sigh.

But I guess the sun will shine again. When school's back.

No comments:

Post a Comment